The Fabula Rasa

Forget the nighttime tales of your youth. This... is Origin

In the first dream a young woman gave me a golden straight haired child, a boy, to take care of. He looked to be about 2-3 years old. 


Days turned into weeks and she still never came back for her child. I called the police and the operator said they'll be there soon. When they arrived, it was two police women. One was Hispanic looking, brown hair in a bun with brown eyes and tanned complexion. I told them, "It's been two and a half weeks since she gave me the child. He is like a son to me now. The mother renounces her daughter and the daughter renounces her son. She will not acknowledge him." 


Scene changes. The grandmother of this child berates her daughter for leaving her son, for not accepting him.


He never left my arms when speaking about the child. His name stayed with me, Issaic. 


"She lives within six blocks of Washington Heights." The police women went to look for the mother.....


I felt a deep love for this child and didn't want to give him up. The dream changed but this scene stayed with me hours after I awakened. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fabula?

Yes, yes, Its a play on an overused cliche but I think it works. Tabula Rasa is latin for blank slate and in writing this blog I hope to highlight just how little modern fairytales and folklore actually represent their original tellings, in essence, losing most of its meaning and context creating a blank tale or ... a Fabula Rasa

The LeaRNer?

Followers

Powered by Blogger.