The Fabula Rasa

Forget the nighttime tales of your youth. This... is Origin

A group of travelers were dumped into a vast forest. The travelers were a group of male and females. One male was Hispanic, black/brown hair, brown eyes, and tall. 

As we continued through the forest, we arrived to a grass plain with a single brown bark tree in the middle. Since the grass was like those found on a well cared for lawn, we started to travel across. 

We were several feet from the midway tree when several of the people ahead of me started to fall into the ground. I took one step and also fell through. The grass started to break. It had the same pattern as stepping on a weak ice lake that was cracking. Feeling the water up to my neck, speckles of dirt on my space and hair, I see we were stepping on floating grass (roll-out lawn grass floating). As the pieces began to part, I see an alligator eyeing me. It was a typical alligator coloring and look. Thankfully the water was thin, even if it was brown, allowing me to flee backwards. Eventually I was able to heave myself up on the solid piece of grass land. 

Walking on the grassy plain back, I was led to a grey slab rocky castle. the first floor contained 3 rooms. the 1 staircase led to the second floor. it contained 2 rooms. a walkway led to a tower. In this tower was a hidden room where a tablet on the floor has to be stepped on for it to open. When it opened, Indian styled jewerly and one statue appeared. As you continue past the hidden room, you see a hay stack, a barrel and cobbled stone floor. The windows were cut out outs of the rock, none contained glass.  Going back to the walkway, a chained up tiger suddenly appeared, guarding the walkway.

Sensing danger, i ended up in a square court yard which enclosed by the same type slab stone waist high. The same perfect lawn green grass was in the middle of the courtyard and around us. Facing the castle, I would be standing on the back left corner, the Hispanic man on the front left, and the rest of the people scattered on the right side. 

Being the leader, I gave orders for the scattered people to draw the dragon's attention. Didn't work because I had to duck as it swooped in and tried to blast me away with the fire spewing from its mouth. I yelled at the man, berating him for not shooting the water cannon (instead of cannon balls it shot water) at the dragon, instead he soaked me. Yelling at him to aim again, I raised my sword as the dragon swooped in and fired another attack at me. The water cannon missed again and I had to duck real low to avoid being hit. The dream ended with me looking at the water cannon in anger.
Reference Drawing: http://www.artmotive.com/imagine-dragon-flying1.html












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fabula?

Yes, yes, Its a play on an overused cliche but I think it works. Tabula Rasa is latin for blank slate and in writing this blog I hope to highlight just how little modern fairytales and folklore actually represent their original tellings, in essence, losing most of its meaning and context creating a blank tale or ... a Fabula Rasa

The LeaRNer?

Followers

Powered by Blogger.