The Fabula Rasa

Forget the nighttime tales of your youth. This... is Origin

Last night was a little rough. The dreams have started coming back. Guess my stressed levels are rising again. Started waking up before my alarm rings.

I'm trapped in a mountain edge/cliff of dense first. I can clearly see the roots of the trees and the moist earth of recent rain water. Shrubbery and leaves sporadically cover the ground making pathways unclear on how to safely descend. All I know is that to my right is a clear view through the trees of a sheer drop and open air with other mountains in the distant.

Somehow I'm inside a vehicle which I maneuver through the gaps of the trees, slowly working my way down to the edge in a zip zag pattern. The mountain side is too sheer to safely head straight down.

Once I reach the edge, clambering it off the vehicle, I  breath in the cross clean air and briefly admire the valley and mountains when I notice a ledge beneath that seems to have a flattened path. I roped a suitable rock and gently lowered myself to the protruding ledge.

Sighing, the dirt path curves to my left with a small patch of open grass leading to forest. In the boundary of that forest happens to be a black bear catching sight of me. It perks up, begins to canter than outright runs towards me. Having a gut feeling that catching me means death I hustle back towards the edge of the cliff, throw my pick axe with an attached rope and from a different perspective, I see my pickaxe scraping the dirt hoping to catch purchase. I never did get to see the end, only left with the feeling of fear more of the bear and secondary of the fall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Fabula?

Yes, yes, Its a play on an overused cliche but I think it works. Tabula Rasa is latin for blank slate and in writing this blog I hope to highlight just how little modern fairytales and folklore actually represent their original tellings, in essence, losing most of its meaning and context creating a blank tale or ... a Fabula Rasa

The LeaRNer?

Followers

Powered by Blogger.